All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we’re looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
This Staff Accountant role in India will report to the International Accounting Lead who is also located in India. This position will take on a significant role in the Company’s daily accounting function to ensure accurate financial statements for US and International operations alike. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment. Working in a different time zone from the Company’s US based operations, the ideal candidate will work well in a team environment as well as independently.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accounts payable processing including vendor setup, bill input, and main point of contact for vendor inquiries
- Review and code employee expense reports and credit card charges. Ensure charges align with Company policies.
- Support international in-country local service providers to meet international regulatory and tax compliance needs, including VAT/GST and maintaining proper documentation for local country tax refunds/credits
- Prepare and ensure G/L accounts are accurately reconciled including fixed assets, prepaids, and cash accounts. This role will also record journal entries and support other month-end close activities as needed
- Prepare sales and use tax returns for review and assist with filing related filings
- Assist in the review and analysis of monthly financial statement variances
- Maintain W-9 files for vendors and process Form 1099’s at year-end, in addition to any international vendor file management
- Assist with accounts receivable and billing processes as needed
- Support team with annual financial statement audit requests
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes with emphasis on internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in business, commerce (B.Com), accounting, finance or related fields
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Expensify experience desired
- Excellent computer and excel skills
- Prior experience in a high growth technology company is highly desired
- Exposure to navigating US GAAP guidance
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud’s three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating ” human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed.” – Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.